Distill on UNIX

Subject: Distill on UNIX
From: "Eric J. Ray" <ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 09:36:12 -0600

I'm running Adobe Acrobat Distiller (3.0 or 4.0 available) on
Solaris 7.

Broadly speaking,
% distill file.ps
works and results in file.pdf. However, the graphics quality
stinks. I've played around extensively with the distill command flags,
which seem to be broadly comparable to the Windows GUI, but
they seem to have little effect. So little, in fact, that
someone more cynical than I might think that the command flags
do absolutely nothing but tease customers.

Does anyone have a combination of flags for distill on
Solaris that results in _GOOD_ graphics--comparable to those
in the original PS file? Size of the PDF file is basically
irrelevant--if it's smaller than the original PS, we're fine.

Any help would be welcome.
Eric

Eric J. Ray ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com
UNIX Visual QuickStart Guide is "a superb book!"
Don't believe it? Check for yourself!
Find out more at http://www.raycomm.com/