Re: A modest suggestion

Subject: Re: A modest suggestion
From: techwrtr -at- crl -dot- com
To: Janet_Swisher -at- trilogy -dot- com, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 10:16:06 -0700 (PDT)

> Let me also add that gratuitous quoting of previous messages is annoying
> to those of us who read this list in digest form, as we have to scroll
> through the useless material to get to the next message. I would hope
> that technical writers would (a) include only relevent information in
> their messages, and (b) know their tools well enough to be able to turn
> off automatic quoting.

Tsk, tsk! No, you don't! I wrote an application that you can use to avoid all
of the scrolling! I even made the core functionality freeware, as a service to
the TECHWR-L community (though, it also works with other mailing lists, too).

You can read more about it (and download it) at:

http://www.crl.com/~techwrtr/DigestersReader/

One person reported having problems with the program since we moved to Lyris.
If you (or anyone else on this list) experience problems, let me know, and I
can get an alpha of the next version to you.

-David Castro
techwrtr -at- crl -dot- com
thetechwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com

=====