Re: INDEX IN WORD97

Subject: Re: INDEX IN WORD97
From: "Peggy Schillinger" <peggy -at- cms-stl -dot- com>
To: Graham Bridge <graham -dot- bridge -at- sescoi -dot- fr>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 07:58:49 -0500

Hi, Graham:

Your style may not be inserting dots, but evidently your INDEX field is using
dots as separator characters. My guess is that your INDEX field contains a "\e"
switch that is specifying dots between the index entry and the page number.

You can edit the INDEX field directly (use Shift+F9 to display the code) or
re-specify your index format on the Insert|Index and Tables menu selection.

Best regards,

Peggy Schillinger

Graham Bridge wrote:

> When I open my Index the two column layout looks OK, i.e. there are no
> dots between subject and page number. However, when I update my index
> the dotted lines come in. I then check out the style (recorded in my
> dot template) which shows that the style doesn't put dotted lines, I
> then apply the style and the dotted lines disappear.

Peggy Schillinger
STC St. Louis Employment Referral Service Manager
Lead Technical Writer
Computerized Medical Systems, Inc.
peggy -at- cms-stl -dot- com 314-812-4315 fax: 314-993-0075