Trying to make a single .pdf from a book

Subject: Trying to make a single .pdf from a book
From: "Joan Melgaard" <joan -at- mirrorworlds -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 16:37:51 -0400

I have three files (TOC, body, index) in Framemaker 5.5 that I want to
make into a book. I think I am making the book properly, putting the
files in the correct order, and printing it as a .pdf. But when I do
this, I get three .pdf files when I only want one. What am I doing
wrong? It seems to me that making a book is the whole point of have the
TOC and Index as separate files.
Thanks,
Joan