RE: Entry Level tech writers

Subject: RE: Entry Level tech writers
From: barry -dot- kieffer -at- exgate -dot- tek -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 16:18:20 -0700

Greetings Patrick,

The short answer is YES!

There are many companies that will hire people without experience, and work
with them. This is quite common today, especially with all of the newbe
technical writers that are graduating from two year schools with a technical
writing degree, but no technical knowledge.

Don't slam me folks, where I work there are some good "technical writers"
that do not understand much about what they are documenting, but still do a
good job.

I have one tip for you Patrick, many (anal-retentive) editors and writers
frown upon starting a sentence with the word "And".

Best of luck Patrick. You sound like you have the ingredients to become a
technical writer.