FrameMaker TOCs

Subject: FrameMaker TOCs
From: Joel Basart <joel_basart -at- inetco -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 14:49:27 -0700

I am having a problem with my Table of Contents lately. When I am updating
or creating a book with our company template, I occasionally get a TOC that
is messed up, specifically numbers with the chapter titles that I did not
ask for or lone letters at the head of these titles, I have included a small
sample to show what I mean. As I am just learning FrameMaker, I don't know
if this is an easy fix or a complicated problem.

Example:

r Parameters 7
Display Parameters 7
Modify Parameter Configuration 9
Physical Line Parameters 10
4. Extended Configuration 19
4. Routing 20
4. Statistics 21
Physical Layer Statistics 21
Protocol Layer Statistics 22

I have been reading the book and have not come across anything that would
fix the problem.

Joel Basart
Technical Writer
Inetco Systems Ltd