RE: Creativity and Single Sourcing

Subject: RE: Creativity and Single Sourcing
From: MAGGIE SECARA <SECARAM -at- mainsaver -dot- com>
To: "'Cheryle W'" <cjwiese -at- hotmail -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 10:41:15 -0700

What I'm seeing in all this is the equation of "creativity" to fiddling with
templates,
and that's hardly the issue. As someone just said. Shakespeare wrote rather
well within the very strict constraints of a sonnet form. Was he being
soberly technical and therefore non-creative?

Creativity in our profession isn't about whimsical margin setting any more
than it's about painting a mountain. It's about how we approach the subject
matter and the task of communicating it. It's about figuring out how the
damn thing works from an incomplete spec and a half-functioning prototype,
and an engineer whose native tongue is not your own.

Isn't it?

Cheers!

Maggie Secara
secaram -at- mainsaver -dot- com

A Compendium of Common Knowledge (1558-1603)
is at http://ren.dm.net

Leap, and the net will appear.
--Orson Wells