RE: PageMaker to FrameMaker Conversions

Subject: RE: PageMaker to FrameMaker Conversions
From: jwaddell <jwaddell -at- micron -dot- com>
To: "'Sandi Giles'" <sandi -at- write-connection -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 07:41:36 -0600

Hi,

I couldn't find one when we converted a few PageMaker documents. We just
used the save as RTF option in PageMaker. I opened the RTF in Word and used
the Autoformat feature to add styles to the RTF (the PageMaker file used no
styles). I then cut and pasted all of the text to a blank FrameMaker
document. I then could globally update all of the paragraphs, for example
body text to body or heading 1 to my Frame tag Heading1. I was surprised
that even the index entries still existed in the text.

If your PageMaker document has more than one story, your work becomes more
difficult, but doesn't it always? Good Luck

John Waddell
Technical Writer
Micron Technology
jwaddell -at- micron -dot- com