RE: Help with the robolist

Subject: RE: Help with the robolist
From: Barbara Stuhlemmer <barbara -at- group -dot- com>
To: "'gyaker -at- csc -dot- com'" <gyaker -at- csc -dot- com>, "Writers List (E-mail 2)" <TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 09:30:22 -0500

Hi Gil:

I have a feeling you're not alone on this. It is one of the worst kept lists I
have ever subscribed to. When I first subscribed I heard nothing at all from
them until about 3 weeks later, when they finally acknowledged the receipt of
my request and would soon be adding me to the list. A few more days passed
before I was added.

There is no control over the list and what matter is talked about. Sometimes I
feel neck deep in "OT" garbage that has nothing at all to do with writing, let
along the BlueSky RoboHelp list.

Now a new turn. For the last 4 working days I have not received any mail from
them at all. I went from three digests a day to none. I did not unsubscribe,
so the reason is beyond me. I'm not that concerned though, if I don't ever get
another mailing from that list I won't be upset.

I recommend that if you want to join a help list, you will find the one by
Humber College much more regulated and professional. There is a larger variety
of Help tools being talked about, and RoboHelp is definitely one of them. The
knowledge base on that list is quite diverse which can make for some
interesting analogies.

Here is the instructions for subscribing. The information I received from the
winhelp list only tells you how to unsubscribe, so I am guessing at the send
command. If it is incorrect you will receive a message telling you what the
legitimate commands are.

Send "SIGNON WINHLP-L" in the subject line of your email to
LISTSERV -at- ADMIN -dot- HUMBERC -dot- ON -dot- CA

myself at the posted adress. For whatever unexplained reason may be occuring,
have never been added to the list. There is no error message that returns so I
have no idea of what's going on. Could someone please help me out here, off the
list?

Thanks.

Gil Yaker
gyaker -at- csc -dot- com
Computer Sciences Corporation
Federal Black Lung Project

Barbara Stuhlemmer
Technical Writer, The Software Group Ltd.
(barbara -at- group -dot- com)