RE: What would you call this?

Subject: RE: What would you call this?
From: "Brad" <kiwi -at- best -dot- com>
To: "Angela Hill" <ahill -at- wwg -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 18:17:37 -0800

> The
> "tabs" aren't standard Windows tabs so I hesitate to refer to
> them that way;
> they just look kind of like tabs.
> My question: what do I call these? I've just been using "area" and "tab"
> temporarily. I can't think of an application that has exactly the same
> structure so I can't compare it to anything directly.

If they look like tabs, then I would call them tabs. If that isn't suitable,
then I would call them "areas".

One interesting test on how well managed and planned this application is
would be to independently ask the product manager, the engineering manager,
developer, and QA person what these areas are called.

Previous by Author: Re: difference between tech writing and instructional design?
Next by Author: RE: US vs. UK pronoun/voice usage?
Previous by Thread: What would you call this?
Next by Thread: Re: What would you call this?

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads

Sponsored Ads