need smaller file

Subject: need smaller file
From: Lora Matzner <Lora -dot- Matzner -at- schwans -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM'" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 09:32:38 -0600

I'm looking for any suggestions about how to distribute a 3-meg file.

(The 90 end-users will be dialing up off lap-tops to receive the info.)

Here's what we've looked at:
1) Using WinZip, the file becomes about 1700K -- still pretty large to send
via e-mail (Outlook), and I'm not 100% sure yet that they all have WinZip on
their laptops...but it's a free-bee from the Internet.

2) Sending out link to corporate intranet & have them view in browser --
but I was told they'd still have to download the whole file before they
could view it...plus, they'd have to be dialed in the whole time.

3) Putting the file out on the share drive -- but they'd still have to
download the thing.

4) Convert the file to an HTML file -- but they'd lose all animation.

ANY OTHER IDEAS OUT THERE?

Lora Matzner, TW