RE: Anyone still using GIFs ?

Subject: RE: Anyone still using GIFs ?
From: "Debbie Packer" <dpacker -at- stingrayboats -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 13:06:51 -0500

Not to go farther off topic, but I think preventing web people from using
gif images is about as likely as the thing that has been going around for
ten years about the government gaining control and being able to charge
people for sending e-mail - not going to happen.

Is anyone actually using .png images at this time? You would think with all
of the AOL users out there and AOL updating without the user having to do
anything, that the number of users that could see .png files would be
higher.

Myself, I will be so happy when .png files can be used. They take care of
all of the AOL graphics problems that we web people encounter daily.

Now, before Eric tells us to take this off the list :), I'm going to stop at
that.

Debbie
Debbie Packer - Web Developer - http://www.stingrayboats.com

Click here if you want to get paid to surf the web:
http://www.alladvantage.com/home.asp?refid=ATA-714