RE: Document Viewer Application Other than Acrobat

Subject: RE: Document Viewer Application Other than Acrobat
From: "Geoff Lane" <geoff -at- gjctech -dot- co -dot- uk>
To: "TECHWR-L (E-mail)" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 08:43:40 -0000

---

Corel Office 7 and WordPerfect Suite 7 both include the Envoy 7 driver,
compiler and distributable viewer. AFAIK, WP8 included the Envoy viewer but
not the driver or compiler. However, I've never used WordPerfect 8 for
Windows and that information comes from posts to the WPWIN-L list.
Unfortunately, Novell passed Envoy back to Tumbleweed who (AFAIK) have
discontinued the product.

AFAIK, Envoy is specific to Windows. The viewer is Windows 95/98 specific.
That is, I couldn't get the viewer to run on NT (but the compiled, run-time
files worked fine).

FWIW, WordPerfect 9 (aka WP2000) now ships with a cut-down version of
Acrobat but several users (including me) have had problems creating PDFs
using that version.

HTH,

Geoff Lane
Cornwall, UK