RE: US vs UK English spelling?

Subject: RE: US vs UK English spelling?
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 16:58:02 -0500

The UK and sometimes Canadian and Australian spelling is with an "s" not a
"z," eh? Mate? That holds true for most "ize/ise" construction.

Being in the "Far East," surely things are spelt the UK way?

All the best,

sean -at- quodata -dot- com

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Dora [SMTP:sdora -at- ycommgp -dot- co -dot- jp]
> My co-worker and I are having a little debate over which is which, eg.
> personalize vs personalise. i believe that 'personalize' is a UK English
> spelling which was proven wrong in the dictionary (which makes me rub my
> eyes twice. All these years, i was trained to think otherwise)
> it's not that i don't trust the almighty dictionary but i need some
> assurance from you big guys out there..) thanks in advance.
> Dora
> Technical Writer
> Tokyo, Japan

Previous by Author: RE: On-the-spot writing test during a job interview?
Next by Author: STC versus WinWriters
Previous by Thread: Re: US vs UK English spelling?
Next by Thread: Re: Managing one set of help files for multiple products

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads

Sponsored Ads