Re: Famous Technical Writers?

Subject: Re: Famous Technical Writers?
From: winnga -at- us -dot- ibm -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 14:34:13 -0600

Bill wonders:

<SNIP INTRO>
<<
Are there any famous technical writers?
Has anyone ever become famous by being a technical writer?

<SNIP REST>

The one who immediately comes to mind is "Tina, the Tech Writer" from
Dilbert.

But, barring cartoon characters, I would have to say that Laura Lemay is a
pretty famous tech writer.

She started the "Teach Yourself Web Publishing with HTML in 14 Days"
series, among many other books. Her books are easy to read and easy to
learn from. Many other reviewers have said the same thing. BUT, I don't
know if they realize that she is a tech writer. I know that I didn't until
a year or so after reading the first book. Regardless, she has established
herself as one of the major players in the Web world.

I would like Tina's autograph, but Scott Adams hasn't made the web site
that interactive yet. ; - }

Cheers,

Garrett Winn