Referencing the tool used in the document

Subject: Referencing the tool used in the document
From: Karen Neeb <KNeeb -at- Winnebago -dot- com>
To: "'techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 16:59:10 -0600

Hi all,
How many of you include the name of the tool used to create a document in
the document itself? For example, on the copyright page, stating, "This
document was created using Microsoft (R) Word 97."

I know I've seen it in other manuals and published documents, and I like
seeing it there (often, just because I'm curious). But I think there are
good reasons for internal use to include it; for example, if a documentation
group uses multiple tools, or has switched tools or versions of a tool.

The question is, are there any compelling reason NOT to include the tool
name in the document?

Please respond directly, as I subscribe to the digest.

Karen Neeb
Winnebago Software
Kneeb -at- winnebago -dot- com