Developer docs on existing code and systems

Subject: Developer docs on existing code and systems
From: "Salan Pazurik" <salan -at- home -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 1999 15:11:07 -0800

Does anyone have advice on how to prepare developer documentation on
**existing** code and system architecture?

I'm starting work at an e-commerce company with this as my primary job
responsibility. The company plans to expand so quickly that it needs
flowcharts and documentation to orient new development staff. I need to
document networks, databases, and ASP pages.

Many books explain how to prepare specs and design documents **before**
development, but do not explain how to quickly document existing systems and
code.

Thanks.

Salan Pazurik
mailto:salan -at- home -dot- com