RE: Questions to ask Interviewer

Subject: RE: Questions to ask Interviewer
From: "Anthony Markatos" <tonymar -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: johnsont -at- starcutter -dot- com, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 08:22:36 PST

Tom Johnson asks:

Would it be as valid to let interviewees see project specs from an older project?

Tony Markatos responds:

I see no problem -- even with viewing current specs. I have found companies to be about as "priority" with their specs as they are with their end user documentation.

Tom Johnson

Or maybe even the interviewee could initiate a discussion about
specs. I think most technical writers would be observant enough to figure out if the company builds to the specs or builds as they go. I've been in places where ad-hoc works and I've been in places where it won't and I would venture to say, it isn't too hard to tell which companies really stick to the specs by asking the right questions about their processes.

Tony Markatos responds:

While this may work some times, I have been burnt taking this approach; unfortunately, there are some companies that do not "walk like they talk". I want to actually "see" (reveiw) the specs.

Tony Markatos
(tonymar -at- hotmail -dot- com)