RoboHELP doesn't compile Autoshapes

Subject: RoboHELP doesn't compile Autoshapes
From: Angela Hill <ahill -at- wwg -dot- com>
To: "Twlist (E-mail)" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 16:44:22 -0800

Hello all,

I'm creating online documentation in RoboHELP. Because of the way that the
application's Help IDs are mapped, I need to create one RoboHELP topic with
a picture of a toolbar and callouts on the pic explaining what each of the
tools does.

I know that I could give the toolbar image hotspots and make popup topics
for each, but I'd rather that the user be able to see all of the definitions
at once. So, a plain old pic with callouts is what I need.

I can insert the pic into the Word file. I can choose a callout Autoshape
(note that as soon as I do, Word switches to Page Layout view). I can draw
the Autoshape and type text inside. When I compile the help file, however,
the image is there but the Autoshape is gone. The Autoshape is also hidden
if I switch back to Normal view in Word, but I assume that's a "feature" of
Normal view.

I've tried inserting different types of Autoshapes, and they all disappear
in the compiled Help file. I've also tried putting the image and the
Autoshape together inside of a frame (that doesn't work either).

I'm using RoboHELP 7 and Word 97. Any help would be very appreciated--I
can't figure out where to go with this one!

Since I get the list digest, please respond to me off of the list. I'll
compile responses and post them together. Thanks in advance!

Angela

Angela Hill
The Windward Group
ahill -at- wwg -dot- com