Re: Team Building

Subject: Re: Team Building
From: "Anthony Markatos" <tonymar -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: CBamber -at- castek -dot- com, techwr-l -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 10:52:04 PST

Candance asks:

Has anyone ever been on a corporate or project "team building" course - the kind where you do trust exercises, and perhaps go on an adventure? Someone recommended clown school, which I thought
might be fun.

Can anyone recommend something?

Tony Markatos responds:

Clown school sounds about right.

Candance further asks:

What is your opinion of such activities for bring a team together? Will it really help the tw's, qa people, developers, etc bond into a more effective team?

Tony Markatos responds:

Old business saying: Only two percent (2%) of people are problem solvers - the other ninty-eight percent (98%) are just along for the ride. I have found this to be very true. It is a major obstacle to team building efforts. The 2% is always going to have different goals and aspirations (i.e., will be pulling in different directions) than the 98%. Frankly, I don't think that teamwork is achievable.

Real-world definition of teamwork: I'm a two percenter, all you ninety-eight percenters do things MY way.

Tony Markatos
(tonymar -at- hotmail -dot- com)






______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com




Previous by Author: Re: Developer docs on existing code and systems
Next by Author: Re: estimating page count for SW user guide
Previous by Thread: RE: Team Building
Next by Thread: Re: Team Building


What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads


Sponsored Ads