Re: Numbering with Word

Subject: Re: Numbering with Word
From: claudette69 -at- mindspring -dot- com
To: Deborah Cooper <dcooper -at- edispatch -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 10:53:29 -0500

Debbie:

Here is what I found on line numbering in word. I hope this helps.

Kimberly Thornton

Add line numbers

1 Switch to page layout view.
2 To add line numbers to the entire document, click Select All on the Edit menu.

To add line numbers to part of a document, select the text you want to number.

To add line numbers to existing sections, click in a section or select multiple sections.

3 On the File menu, click Page Setup, and then click the Layout
tab.

4 If you're adding line numbers to part of a document, click Selected Text in the Apply to box.
5 Click Line Numbers.
6 Select the Add line numbering check box, and then select the options you want.
Deborah Cooper <dcooper -at- edispatch -dot- com> wrote:
> I'm trying to create a document (in MSWord) where each sentence has a number
(as in 1.2.4 or 1.1.3.6).
I would like to be able to print the document with and without the numbers.
How would I go
about doing this - any ideas?

Training & consulting for RoboHELP, Dreamweaver, HTML, and HTML-Based Help.
More info at http://www.weisner.com/train/ or mailto:training -at- weisner -dot- com -dot-

Sponsored by Rose Hill, Your Business and Career Coach.
"Assume Success! Live Your Passion!" Get the gist at
www.coachrose.com then call 503.629.4804 for details!

---
You are currently subscribed to techwr-l as: claudette69 -at- MINDSPRING -dot- COM