Re: Team Building

Subject: Re: Team Building
From: Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- okvotech -dot- org>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 14:46:40 -0600

> People "bond" together when they share values. Period.

I agree. I think the "bonding" (or as some would call them, "bondage") activities
are meant to show that we *do* have something in common with those "other people."
But in my opinion and experience, the way to bond is to join in an activity other
than just bonding. If you want the tech writers and programmers to see how much they
have in common (see, it's on topic), don't throw them in a room to play silly
games... send them out to do something together. Others have mentioned Habitat for
Humanity, and I think that's a great idea. But any worthwhile cause, somethng that
lets the group accomplish something other than "being a group," is preferable to
"bondage" games. Well, I guess that depends on what you're into. ;-)

Tracy
Oklahoma Department of Vocational & Technical Education
Stillwater, Oklahoma http://www.okvotech.org/cimc