Therapy for my inner Brad Pitt AKA Team Building

Subject: Therapy for my inner Brad Pitt AKA Team Building
From: v2cdisrc -at- us -dot- ibm -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 16:27:48 -0600

<LURK MODE="OFF">

Actually, there is a thirty minute show on PBS which is hosted by a man I
consider an expert on team building. Instead of using "team building," he
uses the word "cooperation." If you think about is, isn't cooperation the
same thing as team building? Anyway here are some of his key strategies:

* Everyone on the team should feel special.
* Team members should be encouraged to use their imagination in a
non-threatening environment.
* We should be nice to each other since we are all neighbors.

Yep, I have watched Fred Rogers on Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood for years and
am a better team player for it. He has been quite therapeutic for my "Inner
Brad Pit." I suggest that everyone who doesn't have the basic interpersonal
skills needed to be a team player should watch a couple of shows. It's
free. No need to spend thousands of dollars on lame team building
exercises.

Isn't it a "beautiful day in the neighborhood" when we all cooperate?

Samuel R Choy