Re: Use of "You"

Subject: Re: Use of "You"
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 10:13:11 -0800 (PST)

BTW...I'd question (more like confront, but that's
just me) ANY instructor that says to "NEVER" do/not do
ANYTHING.

> > Two of the instructors in my Tech Writing program
> at Northeastern Univ. say
> > "NEVER use 'you' in technical documentation". They
> don't mean the writer

=====
John Posada, Merck Research Laboratories
Sr Technical Writer, WinHelp and html
(work) john_posada -at- merck -dot- com - 732-594-0873
(pers) jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com - 732-291-7811
"The art of creating software that is usable by individuals is a communication skill. It is not a programming skill."
--Bill Atkinson, creator of MacPaint and HyperCard