RE: Slightly OT: Career advice

Subject: RE: Slightly OT: Career advice
From: "Halter, Meg" <HalterMC -at- navair -dot- navy -dot- mil>
To: "'Parker, Kami {41-1~Indianapolis}'" <KAMI -dot- PARKER -at- ROCHE -dot- COM>, "'Techwr-L Listerv'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 14:08:16 -0800

Hi Kami --

I am also just making the transition into technical writing. In my case, the
transition is from engineering, so I'm fairly comfortable with the technical
side. To bolster the writing side, I've started taking tech writing classes
from UCLA. They are taught over the internet and the one I took a couple of
months ago was pretty good. Better than I expected, given the medium. Since
I live in the middle of nowhere, the internet is the only way I can take
these classes without moving. Another benefit is that one can eventually
earn a certificate in technical communication, which might be useful.

In fact, I'm in the middle of getting my employer to pay for the technical
editing class that starts in January. If they won't pay, then I will.

Go to http://www.onlinelearning.net/ for information.

Hope this helps

-- Meg

< snip >