Knowledge Base Questions

Subject: Knowledge Base Questions
From: "Susan B. Jones" <sbjones -at- MIT -dot- EDU>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 09:27:29 -0500

Does anyone know of any guidelines for writing questions for a knowledge
base? I'm interested in stuff like length of question, using question
words, need or not for full statements.

We've built a knowledge base that gets pretty heavy use and is constantly
growing. However, I'm concerned about the density of our questions. I
would like to give our groups some kind of guidelines on framing questions
for easier scanning. You can check out the database at
http://hdstock.mit.edu/stockanswers/.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Susan Jones
Sr. Technical Writer