RE: Resumes/Interviewing

Subject: RE: Resumes/Interviewing
From: "Giordano, Connie" <Connie -dot- Giordano -at- FMR -dot- COM>
To: "'Tothscribe -at- aol -dot- com'" <Tothscribe -at- aol -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 13:56:37 -0500

Nea,

I would start with a Summary of Qualifications (similar to your list of
other skills). Some hiring managers (like me), are not overly concerned
with software tools, if you know how to use one HAT, a word processor, a
spreadsheet, and a publishing tool, I can teach you the ones we use. I want
to know if you can problem-solve, flow-chart, facilitate, manage, budget, as
well as write and design information appropriate to the audience. I think a
list wouldn't be a bad idea, but you may want to do a sample list (If I
listed all the fact sheets and user guides I've written, it would take about
10 pages!)rather than an exhaustive one.

Show it to someone whose opinion you respect and get some honest feedback,
before attacking it again. I think you've made a good start.

Good luck!

Connie Giordano