RE: Mixing numbers and words in the same sentence

Subject: RE: Mixing numbers and words in the same sentence
From: "Ackerson, Allan" <aackerson -at- logicon -dot- com>
To: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 05:16:08 -0800

I quote from the Government Printing Office Style Manual (and who should
know better than our gubmint?):

12.4 A figure is used for a single number of 10 or more with the exception
of the first word of a sentence.
12.5 When 2 or more numbers appear in a sentenence and 1 of them is 10 or
more, figures are used for each number.
12.6 A unit of measurement, time, or money is always expressed in figures
and does not affect the use of figures for other numerical expressions
within a sentence.