Re: What department are you in?

Subject: Re: What department are you in?
From: reni -at- intellitel -dot- com
To: techwr-l
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 00:31:46 -0800

> Is there a particular department that tech writers get attached to when
> they're the only writer in a company? I recently joined a wireless
> telecom startup and found myself faced with the unexpected dilemma of
> "where do I belong?"

Intellitel has two guys in documentation (total number of workers is 35)
and we are currently working under product management. PM covers testing,
documentation and supplementary functions like packaging the software,
configuration management and installation. IMO this works really fine.

Marketing is seen like just-another-project.

--
Reni Waegelein Technical writer
[we:gelain] Intellitel Communications Ltd