RE: ethical consulting practices?

Subject: RE: ethical consulting practices?
From: jarnopol <jarnopol -at- interaccess -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>, Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- okvotech -dot- org>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 99 13:45:32 -0600

Tracy Boyington wrote in response to Andrew Plato:
>So you would send a writer's resume to a client without first informing the
writer?
>Is that a common practice? I've only dealt with a recruiter once, and that
was many
>years ago, so things may be different now, but they notified me before they
>submitted my resume. It certainly seems that checking with the writer before
you
>send their resume would prevent you from submitting a candidate who had
already
>been submitted.

I am employed by a consulting firm. The firm contracts out my services. And
certainly when I have an assignment ending, or am on the bench, the account
executives are presenting my resume to clients all over the area. Usually,
the only time I find out about it is when an interview results. However, I
think this is different than if I was an independent consultant working
through a contracting agency.

jarnopol