RE: Where do 'old' techwriters go to die?

Subject: RE: Where do 'old' techwriters go to die?
From: "Nancy Smith" <smithcds -at- ici -dot- net>
To: "'TECHWR-L, a list for all technical communication issues'" <TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 08:30:54 -0500

For me, the challenges lie in new tools, new products, new
technology, or new ways of using them. If I don't have at
least one of those, I start getting bored.

As for corporate America, after nearly 18 years in it, I am
now a contractor....

Before I became a contractor, I left management by my own
choice and returned to being an "individual contributor." (I
have a "life" outside of work and get my people-helping
needs met there.)

Not only am I a contractor, but because of issues around
health (both mine and hubby's) and commuting time (an hour
or so each way for most of these 18 years), I now
telecommute with only occasional visits to an office an hour
away.

(OT -- Out of all this, one of my goals is to develop some
course materials for my church denomination on work, how it
affects us, what we can/should do about it...)

Nancy