RE: Where do 'old' techwriters go to die?

Subject: RE: Where do 'old' techwriters go to die?
From: melonie -dot- mcmichael -at- amd -dot- com
To: etymes -at- lts -dot- com, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 07:55:46 -0600

Howdy,

O.k. for those of you who have become pubs managers, how
did you get there? Did you luck into the job, get promoted
into it, or get hired into it?

I'm starting to take on more managing type responsibilities and
have discovered that I love it! Strangely enough, I find budgeting,
projecting, planning, hashing things out, working with people and
putting processes in place absolutely fascinating.

Also, what skills do you use the most in your position? What is
different about being a pubs manager verses a tech writer?

Melonie McMichael
Tech Writer
AMD-CG
mailto:melonie -dot- mcmichael -at- amd -dot- com