Re: ethical consulting practices?

Subject: Re: ethical consulting practices?
From: Peter <pnewman1 -at- home -dot- com>
To: Andrew Plato <intrepid_es -at- yahoo -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 1999 19:16:37 -0500

This time I feel compelled to disagree with your part of your statement.
There is a balancing of the need for references with the right of
privacy. IMNVHO, the recruiter must work with the applicant as well as
the applicant should work with the agency. It certainly is more
professional for the recruiter to ask if it is OK to send a CV to a
particular company. The applicant does not agree to exclusively use the
recruiter and the recruiter never commits to only servicing the
applicant. It is not very difficult to conceive of a situation where
the applicant may not want the CV sent to a particular company and
because of other pressures, may inadvertently forget to tell the
recruiter not to bother with a particular company. While my impression
of you, from reading your postings is that you run an extremely
professional shop, others may not. There is always the rotten apple
syndrome.

Peter
Mailto:pnewman1 -at- home -dot- com

Never play leapfrog with a unicorn