RE: Worries about tools

Subject: RE: Worries about tools
From: "Harry Bacheler" <hbacheler -at- geo -dot- census -dot- gov>
To: "TECHWR-L" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 17:38:57 -0500

To All

It should be a matter of pride for all of us in the TECHWR-L arena,
that we can 'handle' any tool that is given to us, personal prejudices
aside..

An auto mechanic carries his own tools with him. Our tools are our personal
set of documentation, our willingness to learn, and ability to adapt to any
environment, and be able to make sense out of it all.

If we move into an area in which a different tool is more appropriate, it
is our professional responsibility to build a case for the 'addition' of a
tool
and it's implementation, as well as accepting the client's reason for using
the current tool.

Harry Bacheler

(The thoughts and ideas expressed in this email are mine and mine alone.)

As a contractor, I've learned that personal preference and 50
cents gets me a Diet Coke from the vending machine. Do I think
either Word or RH is the best tool? I happen to like RH, but
it's not always the best for the purpose.