Font Weirdness--Word 97 on Win 95

Subject: Font Weirdness--Word 97 on Win 95
From: kimber_miller -at- acs-inc -dot- com
To: <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 1999 12:27:41 -0600

Anybody out there know what might be the issue here?:

I want to install a new TT font. I successfully copy it to my Windows/Font
folder. Word doesn't know it's there. Neither do any of the other Office
applications. I don't know if this is Word weirdness or Windows weirdness, and I
can't find anyone or thing around here that can give me the answer. <<argh>>

This is what I've done so far:

1. Consulted Help Result--told me to use the File/Install New Font command in
the Font folder. Such a command does not exist in my Font folder's File menu

2. Consulted Word Help and my reference books--no mention of this problem

3. Removed some of the fonts (84 were installed) to a sub-folder and copied the
font I want back into the Font folder

4. Searched this archive for solutions, read some interesting debate on what
fonts to use and when and bogged down in the search engine

5. Searched MS/Word site and got bogged down in information--none of which
addressed this particular Word weirdness. Or windows weirdness.

Any ideas??

Thanks for your time helping me.

--Kimber

Kimber Miller