Interleaf to Frame

Subject: Interleaf to Frame
From: Michael Andrew Uhl <uhl -dot- mike -at- epa -dot- gov>
To: "TECHWR-L, (Tech Writers)" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 13:31:47 -0500

Anonymous:

I've used both on UNIX platforms. They are both excellent and quite
expensive. We recently purchased a floating FrameMaker license for IRIX;
it cost us about $2400. I'm sure Interleaf's cost is comparable.

At this point, I would choose FrameMaker over Interleaf because I am far
more confident that Adobe will provide upgrades and technical support
for their product than Interleaf will for theirs. Also, FrameMaker runs
well unders Windows, so the skill is more transportable. (The last time
I tried to used Interleaf under Windows, it was pathetic.)

On the other hand, if Interleaf could convince me that they will
increase their investment and technical support in the publishing tool,
I would definitely give them a second look.

I much prefer the Interleaf drawing package over FrameMaker's.

--
Michael Andrew Uhl (mailto:uhl -dot- mike -at- epa -dot- gov)
Lockheed Martin - U.S. EPA Scientific Visualization Center