RE: "Two-track" documentation?

Subject: RE: "Two-track" documentation?
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 14:15:06 -0500

Hallo:

I echo the sentiment for FrameMaker and the conditional text feature. One
caveat: make sure xrefs both begin and end in text of the same condition.

Another way to do this in FrameMaker and Ventura is to create separate
chunks, chapters, whatever you want to call them. For example, if the
chapter 2 needs to change create two chapter twos. Then, create two
different book/pub files to manage the project. One book/pub would call the
chapters used by audience one while the other book/pub would call the
chapters used by the other. Thus, if a chapter remains the same for both
audiences, it is called by both books/pubs and you don't need to duplicate
it. Cross-chapter numbering is handled by the book/pub so should be
correctly updated. Interleaf, I believe, can handle things this same way.

Best Regards,

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com