Is there an "official" term for this process?

Subject: Is there an "official" term for this process?
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "List, Techwriter" <TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>, "List, Robohelp" <robolist -at- mail -dot- blue-sky -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 12:16:21 -0800 (PST)

Hi, guys...I'm working on a Functional Requirements
Specification document and we're using a specific
functionality similar to what is used in Windows Help
applications. I need to find out what the "official"
term is for the following process. The best way to
describe it is to describe its use.

When you invoke Help in a Windows application, most
times you get a three-tabbed window and one of the
tabs is called Find.

This window is divided into three sections.

What I need the name for is the following process:

Start typing in the first field. As you enter letters
in the first field, the selection on the list in the
second field gets reduced to match with what is being
typed in the first field.

What is the name for this "process"?


John Posada, Merck Research Laboratories
Sr Technical Writer, WinHelp and html
(work) john_posada -at- merck -dot- com - 732-594-0873
(pers) jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com - 732-291-7811
"When in trouble, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout."
Do You Yahoo!?
Thousands of Stores. Millions of Products. All in one place.
Yahoo! Shopping:

Previous by Author: Re: buyer's guide
Next by Author: Re: Is there an "official" term for this process?
Previous by Thread: Hyphenated terms in prof'l/trade journals.
Next by Thread: RE: Is there an "official" term for this process?

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads