RE: Do you just bite your tongue?

Subject: RE: Do you just bite your tongue?
From: "Debbie Packer" <dpacker -at- stingrayboats -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 12:56:06 -0500

Thanks to all who replied to my question. I received a lot of responses!
There were good points from several standpoints, and I have been given some
things to think about. I know it shouldn't, but it makes me feel somewhat
better to know that I am not the only person this happens to.

My job is not specifically that of a writer. My supervisor is our resident
computer guru and web programmer. He can program his way out of anything,
but can't write at all. He knows it and doesn't mind admitting it. My part
of the project is to design web pages, provide content, and edit any content
that we receive. What is bothersome to me is that I seem to be the only
person who really cares about the content being correct. Not to say that
they don't care, it just doesn't seem to bother them as much. As long as the
data is correct and we get the point across, I think that is all that really
matters. Either that or they just think I'm stupid :)

Anyway, thanks for the comments and suggestions. I'm feeling somewhat better
about it today. I think I did my part in pointing out the problem. Had they
caught me on another day, I might have made a bigger deal out of it. This
week, I just don't feel like fighting for what's right.

Debbie