API documentation

Subject: API documentation
From: Barbara Hubert <barbara_hubert -at- epicdata -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 11:01:56 -0800

Have searched the archives to no avail.

Am currently embarking on API doc project, where the doc will be for
external audience (previously all our API stuff was for internal
audiences only).

The product is a Java-based technology (Development toolkit). The
target is to enable someone with, for example a first year Java
programming course, to be able to build apps with this development
toolkit.

The questions:

1. What delivery format is preferred for this type of documentation
(linear, online, cd)
2. Is anyone aware of any internet resources that would assist me in
putting this documentation together.
3. Any other relevant advice would also be welcome.

thx
b hubert