Hardware Question

Subject: Hardware Question
From: "Helen Cygnarowicz" <helen -at- tiw -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 1999 13:44:13 -0800

Fellow Listers,

I have questions about computer keyboards used in other countries,
particularly in India.

Are the keyboards bilingual and are the keys engraved or are special keycaps
provided? Are such keyboards manufactured in India? in the US? Is there a
Web site might show such a keyboard?

If you were documenting usage of such a keyboard, how would you identify a
key with two notations? would you call it the "@/A" key, or just pick one
notation style and use it but explain that you will do it that way in
preface material? I can see this becoming very tedious, thus decreasing the
level of conciseness/brevity. Descriptions would be directed to users with
English as a second language, and I don't want to create confusion.


Helen Cygnarowicz, Manager
Information Development Group
2211 Lawson Lane
Santa Clara CA 95054
408-654-5600 x4215
408-654-5613/14 fax
helen -at- tiw -dot- com

Previous by Author: HTML editor
Next by Author: The writer who didn't work out
Previous by Thread: Re: Baseline Skillset
Next by Thread: Agencies for contract writer/editor

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads

Sponsored Ads