Re: Baseline Skillset

Subject: Re: Baseline Skillset
From: "Anthony Markatos" <tonymar -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: lavosk -at- wolfenet -dot- com, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 09:30:55 PST

Loretta Vosk asks:

....Why is it, then, that my daily reading of the techwr-l list, with its emphasis on specific software skills, inevitably leaves me feeling miles from employability?

Tony Markatos responds:

Great question! A truely great question. This listserv most often reads like a listserv for Kelly Temp Services PC operators. (Unfortunately, if you attend an STC meeting, chances are that you will here the same stuff.)

Operating commercial software packages (FrameMaker, MS Word, etc.) is not, in the main, what we (TW's) are supposed to be about. The primary TW skills include end-user task analysis, document organization, and project estimating.