Re: MS Word questions.

Subject: Re: MS Word questions.
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- ptc -dot- com>
To: gyaker -at- csc -dot- com
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 17:03:08 -0500

gyaker -at- csc -dot- com wrote:

> I have three quick questions regarding MS Word (97). Feel free to respond
> privately.
>
> 1. Is there a way to put the current page's Heading X in the header or footer?
> I'm having trouble figuring this out.

1. Insert > Field.
2. In the right pane of the Field dialog box, choose "StyleRef" and
click in the text box where "STYLEREF" appears. If you do not click
here, the next steps will not work.
3. Click Options in the Field dialog box.
4. Click the Styles tab in the Field Options dialog box.
5. Choose the style and click Add to Field. The style name appears after
"STYLEREF" in the text box of the Field Options dialog box.
6. Click OK. The Field Options dialog box closes.
7. Click OK in the Field dialog box.

> 2. I've lost the color palletes in the Text Color and Text Background drop down
> menus. How do I get the colors back?
>
> 3. I'm writing a document that includes many multiple-page tables. Is there any
> way to get word to intelligently insert table breaks at the bottom of a page and
> start the next page with the appropriate (static) column headings?

1. Select the table.
2. Click Table > Headings.

Bonnie Granat