Biotech writing

Subject: Biotech writing
From: Mitchell Gibbs <gibbs -at- gnv -dot- fdt -dot- net>
To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 09:52:52 -0500

I'd like to know more about opportunities and working conditions for
writers in the biotech industry (specifically bioinformatics and genomics,
and particularly in the S.F. Bay Area). Is it viable to specialize in
biotech writing? Have non-compete contracts prevented anyone from staying
in this field after leaving a company?

Of course, I'd also appreciate anyone's "How I started" or "Watch out for
this" stories, if you care to share.

Thanks,
Mitchell Gibbs
Technical Writer