Re: conditional text in Word

Subject: Re: conditional text in Word
From: Jennie Smith <jsmith -at- en2z -dot- com>
To: Benzi Schreiber <benzi -at- tradeum -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 10:19:44 -0800

Another possible way to "fake it" is to do what Wextech's Doc-To-Help does when
you use Doc-To-Help on top of Word to make online help. You can make the
conditional text different colors. Then when it's time to print first do a Save
As to make sure you don't harm the original, then do a find and replace and get
rid of all the colors you don't want. Out of any colors that are left, do a
find and replace and change the color to BLACK. It's important you change it to
black and not to "automatic." That way, it will be easy to change the text back
to its original color, if necessary. (The non-conditionalized text in your
document is assigned the color "automatic" by default.)

If you don't want to manually apply the colors to the text each time you need to
conditionalize it, make a macro that has a handy keyboard shortcut.

Like I said, I got this idea from Wextech, so I can't take any credit from
them! (And no, I don't own any stock in Wextech... I only used their product at
my last job.)

Jennie