RE: Online Technical Writing Programs

Subject: RE: Online Technical Writing Programs
From: "David Farbey" <dfarbey -at- yahoo -dot- co -dot- uk>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 10:25:01 -0000

The correct URL for the Sheffield Hallam University web site mentioned by
Christopher Gooch is:

http://www.shu.ac.uk/schools/cs/profcomm/programmeOverview.html

Sheffield Hallam now offer a range of four MA courses in this field:
Professional Communication, Corporate Communication, e-Communication, and
Technical Communication.

All four courses are designed as distance learning programmes, combining
workbook-based and web-based study, with email and phone support from
tutors, and online discussion groups with other students. (So strictly
speaking they are only partly "online".)

All course offer students the option of studying for one year to receive a
Postgraduate Certificate, or two years to receive a Postgraduate Diploma.
The MA is awarded to students who complete an independent personal research
project and dissertation in their third year.

I'm happy to answer any further questions about these courses off-list.

David Farbey
(Associate Lecturer, Sheffield Hallam University, MA in Technical
Communications)