Re: Windows Frame command in config.ui for Page Down key

Subject: Re: Windows Frame command in config.ui for Page Down key
From: Shlomo Perets <shlomo -at- microtype -dot- com>
To: "David Slonosky" <David_Slonosky -at- i2 -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2000 09:42:39 +0000

David,

You wrote:

> OK, I know there's a Frame command you can enter in config.ui that
configures

> the Page Down key to move down a page rather than down a screen. But I
forget

> what it is and where I saw it. Searching on frameusers.com gave no help.
Does

> anyone here know what it is?

In FrameMaker, by default, the Page Up/Down keys move a page up or down.
Is it possible that you are interested in a key that moves a screen up/down?

FrameMaker's internal command names are listed in the cmds.cfg file
in the fminit/configui folder.

See http://www.microtype.com/resources/fmkeys.pdf for an article
on how to customize the FrameMaker keyboard.

For Windows users: http://www.microtype.com/resources/customui.cfg
includes definitions for all shortcuts which are described in the
chart on the last page of the article, so that you can have a set
of many useful shortcuts instantly (just place this file in the
fminit/configui folder).
(users of FrameMaker on other platforms can adapt the customui.cfg
for their own needs).

The above-mentioned customui.cfg includes many shortcuts for various
commands and special characters which are otherwise only available
as escape key commands.

My favorites:
F2 - default paragraph font
F3 - repeat last find
F4 - repeat last paragraph command
F5 - repeat last character command
F11 - select area with same character format
F12 - next screen
Alt-F12 - previous screen
Table navigation commands are implemented as Apps-arrows.

Shlomo Perets

MicroType * http://www.microtype.com
FrameMaker-to-Acrobat: TimeSavers / Advanced Techniques Course / Solutions