PDF to Frame

Subject: PDF to Frame
From: "cyd dunning" <c_dunning -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2000 22:38:05 GMT

Hello,

I know that the subject here (PDF to Frame)looks backwards, but I searched the archives and couldn't find any references to converting documents (in this case -- scanned documents that are saved as PDF) to FrameMaker docs.

Here's the thing: We need to take hardcopy docs, scan them, OCR them, and open and edit them in FrameMaker. We've tried OmniPage for smaller docs, but these are large (500 page) manuals originally created in HP Tag (a dead language/program).

Is there any other technology out there that you (the collective you) have heard about, that might possibly do this? Isn't there a Xerox product that might do something like this? Or was this a dream I had? Most of my dreams lately turn out to be nighmares when it comes to document conversion. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Cyd