RE: commetarily wax rhapsodic

Subject: RE: commetarily wax rhapsodic
From: Angela Hill <ahill -at- wwg -dot- com>
To: "'PaulHanson<PHanson -at- Quintrex -dot- com>'" <PHanson -at- Quintrex -dot- com>, "Twlist (E-mail)" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 09:18:15 -0800

Subject: Document Sampling
From: Paul Hanson <PHanson -at- Quintrex -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 09:53:35 -0600

<snip>
As an aside, can anyone translate the following phrase:

<snip> Is it necessary to commentarily wax rhapsodic about Rick
Allen's
custom-made drum set and then trash him for not playing loud enough
for
you? <snip> I'm looking for an interpretation of the phrase
"commentarily wax rhapsodic," two words of which I could not find in
my
dictionary.

"Commentarily wax rhapsodic" seems to mean "to make lengthy, flowery, and
complimentary commentary about [the drum set] in a nostalgic tone." Perhaps
the person in question (the one who commentarily waxed rhapsodic) went on
and on about the craftsmanship, sound, and beauty of Rick Allen's drum set,
pointing out that sets like that aren't made anymore--they represent the
attention to detail of a bygone era.

Just my two cents. :-)

Angela

Angela Hill