Clear graphics in PDF files

Subject: Clear graphics in PDF files
From: "Curtis Brautigam" <curtisb -at- nurserysupplies -dot- com>
To: "Framers" <Framers -at- FrameUsers -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 15:37:49 -0500

I would like to know how to obtain crystal clear graphics in the final PDF
file. At present, whenever I save a file in PDF format from FrameMaker, the
graphics came out rather blurry and fuzzy when the pages were printed out. I
had imported the graphics into the document as .TIF files. I tried several
things to see if the graphics would come out clearer:

1) I printed the file to PS format and then used Acrobat Distiller to create
the PDF file; the graphics on the printed page still came out fuzzy.

2) I tried to import the graphic to the FrameMaker document in .eps format.
It made an even bigger mess of the graphic; it turned the graphic frame into
one big gray square.

Is there any fool-proof way to ensure that the graphics come out crystal
clear on PDF pages when you print them?